In the textbook this is the question in page 86:
Determine the value: a)9 b)25 c)1600
ok in order to get the answer i used my calculator to find those answers by hitting square root:
a)9=3 b)25=5 c)1600=40
In page 24 are just key ideas and practises.
1. A whole number that has only two factors, 1 and itself
2.The product of the same tow numbers.
3. The number that equals a given value when you multiply the number by itself.
4. The product of the same two factors.
5. A number written as the product of its prime of its prime factors.
Now on to Practise and Apply part yay ^^
6. a) Determine the prime factorization of 30. Show your work.
this is my work
b) Is 36 a perfect square? Explain your thinking.
Yes, because If you have a square of an area of 36cm square and the square had 6 on each side then yea its a perfect square.
c) Draw a quadrilateral that shows whether or not 36 is a perfect square. Label its side lengths.
7.Janie's backyard has an area of 100m2.
a) Determine the prime factorization of 100. show your work.
this is my work and uh sorry but i don't have a picture on this one
b) Is 100 a perfect square? Explain your thinking.
Yes, because if you have a 10x10 square on each side then it counts as 100 because its a huge square.