Thursday, November 26, 2009

The power of proportion!

I was walking to school, when I saw a UFO land on my school. I ran inside and saw that the aliens were holding Mr.Harbeck hostage, then he yelled. "Noel, save me with your proportion skills." Then I replied, "Don't worry Mr.Harbeck, Noel is here!" So then i grabbed a text book and yelled out the following question:

Delia was paid $35 for 5 h of babysitting. How much should she receive for 3 h? Use a unit rate to find the answer.

This is what I did:
I got to the unit rate per hour, that looked like this:
5h/5=1h
$35/5=$7

So then I got $7/hour.

I then had to get the $ for 3 hours:
1h x 3 = 3hours
$7 x 3 = $21

I saw that one of the tenticles that were holding Harbeck got loose, and it only had 2 tenticles left. So I hit him with another question:

David can saw a log into three pieces in 7 minutes. If he continues sawing at a constant rate, how long will it take him to saw a similar log into 6 pieces?

This is my answers:
To get from 3 pieces to 6 pieces you would have to double it, so I just doubled 7 minutes to get 14 minutes.

Then I noticed a liquid falling onto Harbeck's head, it was the aliens eyeballs. They melted so I decided to give another question a shot and it would die. Here was the last question:

Two quarters has the same value as ten nickels.

What is the values of five quarters in nickels?

Here's what I did:
I used a unit rate to find the answer to this question.

2 quarters / 2 = 1 quarter
10 nickels / 2 = 5 nickels

then I followed up with this;

1 x 5 = 5 quarters
5 x 5 = 25 nickels

Once I finished that sentence the alien exploded and the room was covered in green goo. Harbeck then thanked me and pressed on the intercom; "Office, Can you get Moses down here to clean this up."

THE END!

6 comments:

Jex (Juan Exequiel)8-17 said...

Good job Noel. I like how you explained the questions clearly and put in the answers. Maybe next time you should put some pictures in so it wont look that plain.

Good job again.

Next time do the blog earlier.

Ralph817 said...

Good Job. I liked how you explained everything and used colours. Nect time you should add pictures and do your blog on time.

Unknown said...

good job, you finally did that ., but then its late .

Celdrick--Petilla--9-06 said...

GOOG JOB! but its late..well better late than never..... but add pics...next time do it on time

Brendan905 said...

Good job Noel ! Maybe next time you can post your alien story on time. I like your colors because they stand out . I also like your storyline .

Layton 8-17 said...

great job noel! i liked ow you used alot of colour it made it very exiting but you should have used more pictures. but anyways great job!!

Statcounter

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

Search This Blog

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP