Friday, November 13, 2009

How I Saved The World From Aliens With Proportion

I was fast asleep in my nice and cosy bed when suddenly, the was a big BANG! A UFO had landed in my backyard. When I went to go check it out, the was already an alien with a laser gun pointing at me. It told me if I didn't tell him and answer three proportion questions, he would blow up the earth with his giant satellite laser cannon in out space and make the leftover debris into a UFO parking space. I had to act quickly so here are the questions :


6. Delia was paid $35 for 5 h of babysitting.
How much should she receive for 3 h?
Use a unit rate to find the answer.











So the rate would be $21/3h




12. Set up a proportion for each situation
using a variable. Do not find the answer.
a) Walter makes his own oil and vinegar
dressing. His recipe calls for 175 mL
of olive oil and 50 mL of vinegar. What
amount of vinegar does he need to mix
with 300 mL of olive oil?







b) A baseball player has a home run to
strikeouts ratio of 3 : 17. How many
home runs should he hit if he strikes
out 187 times?











By the time I answered the second question, the alien seem to be getting nervous. It must have visited earth before because it learned to speak in our language. It said "You may have answered 2 questions but you cannot possible finish 3!" I laughed and began to solve the last problem.




Question 3


Two quarters has the same value as ten nickels. What is the values of five quarters in nickels?
















There are 25 nickels in the value of 5 quarters.


The alien couldn't believe I answered all the questions. It said " You have answered all the questions but, an alien never loses!" The alien blasted his gun. The laser sliced a tree in half. Next the alien said " BWAHAHAHAHA ! I'm going to blow up your puny planet anyway! It fired the laser at me but, I dodged it. It just barely trimmed off a piece of my hair. Then, I searched my pockets, found a bag of original skittles and said " Go back to your own planet!" I opened the skittles bag, ate a handful, and rainbows came out of my eye sockets! The rainbows hit the alien space ship and it turned into skittles. Another spaceship hovered over my backyard and took the alien back. The aliens last words were " I'll be back to challenge your knowledge in math again!" That's how I saved the earth by using proportion and skittles!


The End.


I hope I did this post right. Sorry the ending didn't have to do too much about math. I got a little carried away with the story.


COMMENT!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GOOD JOB RALPH , good job with the colours too .

Statcounter

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

Search This Blog

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP