Friday, November 13, 2009

How I stopped an Alien invasion with Proportion




The three questions I answered to stop the alien invasion;

Question 1
Determine the missing value in each equivalent fraction.
A) 3/X= 18/24= Y/12

X=4
Y=9

B) 48km/$16 = 144km/X = Y/$64

X=$48
Y=192km


Question 2
Last night 30cm of snow fell in 6 h. If it continues snowing at the same rate, how long will it take for 45m of snow o fall? Determine the answer in two different ways.

It will take him 9 hours to get 45cm of snow.
Way 1)

















Way 2)











Question 3
Two quarters has the same value as ten nickels. What is the values of five quarters in nickels?

There are 25 nickels in the value of 5 quarters.











Story of how I stopped the Alien Invasion

I was walking down the street and then an alien came up to me and asked me to solve three questions or he would destroy earth. Suddenly I used the proportion math I learned about and bing bang boom I answered all three questions like that. The alien said that I got lucky and flew away in his ship. Everyone cheered for me and named me the hero of the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

goood job , you didnt put colours though .

Statcounter

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

Search This Blog

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP