Sunday, November 15, 2009

How I Stopped An Alien Invasion Using Proportion

So I was on my way to school, about halfway I got a phone call. I answered the call and heard a strange sounding voice. They told me that if I didn't show up at my house in 10 minutes, they would attack my parents and doom the planet. I could not believe what was happening. They were holding my parents as hostage?! I ran as fast as I could, but stopped at McDonalds for a drink and continued on. I got there in 9 minutes and 59 seconds. As I got there, I noticed a strange vehicle had landed in the corner of my house. Once I got in, there were 2 purple transparent blobs holding my parents inside their stomach. The first thought that came into my mind was " well, that is just disturbing. " Then, out of the blue, 1 blob said " We Bloogies will not let go of your guardians nor doom your Earth, unless you answer 3 proportion problems. " This was the start of my new heroic actions.

The first problem they asked me was;

Delia was paid $35 for 5 h of babysitting. How much should she receive for 3 h? Use a unit rate to find the answer.

I answered " Delia should receive $21 for 3 h of babysitting " They made me show my work so here it was.




The second problem they asked was;

David can saw a log into three pieces in 7 minutes. If he continues sawing at a constant rate, how long will it take him to saw a similar log into 6 pieces?

My reply was " It would take him 14 mn to saw 6 pieces. " I once again had to show my work.





The last problem they asked me was;

Last night 30 cm of snow fell in 6 hours. If it continues snowing at the same rate, how long will it takefor 45 cm of snow to fall ?

My last and final answer was " It would take 9 hours for 45 cm of snow to fall "
Here was my proof.





After I answered all their problem, they spit out my parents in the most disturbing way and pleaded forgiveness. Soon finally, I forgave them and they scurried back to their home planet. The end.
Thaanks for reading (: Please leave a comment if you wish.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice story ..
i understand how you got the proportion.

Ralph817 said...

Good Job! I liked how you explained everything and put lots of colour and put pictures

Statcounter

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

Search This Blog

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP