For today's class we have to blog our homework in a way of studying for the test tomorrow.
1. Make 3 part-to-part ratios, 2 part to total ratios, and 2 three part ratios.
* Must have a word ratio and a ratio notation for each *
a) Part-to-part ratio
1. blue to green = 1:6
2. yellow to red = 4:8
3. blue to yellow = 1:4
b) Part to total ratio
1. blue to total = 1:17
2. green to total = 6:17
c) Three part ratio
1. blue to green to yellow = 1:6:4
2. green to red to blue = 6:8:1
2. Choose one ratio that you have done and show how to write that ratio in ratio notation, fraction, decimal and percent form.
blue to green = 1:6, 1/6, o.16, 16.6%
3. Choose one ratio that you have written and show how to create equivalent ratios.
yellow to total = 4:17
4. Make 3 questions.
a) What would the ratio be for blue, red : total?
b) Express the colours blue and green into a word ratio, ratio notation, fraction, decimal, and a percent.
c) What would be the ratio of red : total? Express this into a ratio notation, fraction, decimal, and a percent.
Don't forget to comment, and answer my questions please.
1. What were the mistakes you made on your test. Show examples of answers that were wrong. What was your mistake? How will you remember what to do in future tests?
One mistake I made on my test was forgetting to simplify a ratio in LOWEST terms. Some of the examples of the answers were :
8:32 in simplified form would be 1:4, but some wrong answers would be 4:16 or 2:8.
10:80 in simplified form would be 1:8, but a wrong answer would be 5:40.
5:125 in simplified form would be 1:25, but a wrong answer would be 2:6.
18:27 in simplified form would be 2:3, but a wrong answer would be 6:9.
What I should do in future tests to remember how to simplify a number is, I can just think about the lowest possible way for a ratio, like splitting a number in half or dividing with larger numbers.
2. Rewrite 2 questions that gave you difficulty with different numbers. Answer the questions correctly in the comments to your blog. Encourage others to participate at your blog by getting them to answer your questions.
a) Eric is able to stop 50% of the shots on goal. If he faces 16 shots on goal, how many goals would likely be scored on him.
b) A picture frame has a width to length ratio of 10:14. If the width of the photo is 18 cm, the length of the photo is ...
* THANKS FOR READING,
DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS :)