Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ralph's Surface Area Growing Post


Rectangular Prism:





To find the area of a square you use this formula









a= lxw









Using this formula I can find the area of a rectangular prism. First I have to make a net of the rectangular prism then I use the formular for each face on the prism. After I find the area of all the faces I add them all up to get the Total Surface Area.









TSA=50+50+30+30+15+15









TSA=190cm(2)










Triangular Prism:









To find the area of a triangle you use this formula









a=lxw/2








Using this formula I can find the area of a triangular prism. First I have to make a net of the triangular prism then I use the formular for each face on the prism. I used the rectangular prism formula when there was a square and used the triangular prism formula when there was a triangle. After I find the area of all the faces I add them all up to get the Total Surface Area.















TSA= 1.89+0.98+1.61+1.61+1.61





TSA=7.7cm(2)




Cylinder :







For the cylinder you use 2 formulas.







To find the circumference you use this formula. C = pi x r x r




If you need to find the area of the circle you use: a = (pi) x d








Using this formula I can find the area of a triangular prism. First I have to make a net of the cylinder. Next I used another formula to get the diameter of the cyclinder (which would be r x 2 = d). After that I used the radius to calculate the circumference. Next I used the diamter to find the area of the circle. Next I used the rectangular prism formula to figure out the rectangular part of the net. Finally I added the 2 circles and the rectangular part of the net and got the TSA.













TSA=314+314+1381.6







TSA=2009.6






























How to find the TSA of a cylinder

















How to find the TSA of a trianglar prism:














How to find the TSA of a rectangular prism:
















Thanks for reading! Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Statcounter

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

Search This Blog

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP