Saturday, April 3, 2010

Larrisa's Fraction Growing Post

Part 1


a) Here is a video of how I got my answers to my fraction quiz.


It shows you how to multiply and divide fractions with whole numbers.








b) Explain two ways
to multiply a fraction by a whole number.

Here is an example of two ways to multiply a fraction by a whole number.


I chose the question 4 x 1/2 .

- The first way you could do is draw 4 groups of 1/2 to get the answer of 4/2 or 2.










- The second way you
could do is 4/1 x 1/2 . You multiply the 2 numerators and then you multiply the two denominators. If you don't get it , here is a picture :


c) Explain how to divide a fraction by a whole number.

Here is an example of how to divide a fraction by a whole number.

I chose the question 1/2 divided by 4.


- To divide a fraction by a whole number you have to draw t
he fraction which is 1/2 and shade in 1/2 of it and then you divide it by the whole number which is 4 , when you divide it you have to divide it in a horizontal line. If your confused , here is a picture :



















d) Pick a
word problem.

Word Problem : A pitcher of orange juice is 2/
3 full. If four students equally share the juice, what fraction of the full pitcher does each student get ?

For a word problem you need to read the question and find the key words then highlight them . While your doing a word problem, you need a simple sentence.
Key Words : Pitcher of orange juice 2/3 full. Four students What fraction of the full pitcher does each student get ?


















Simple Sentence : Each student gets 1/6 of the full pitcher. How I got the answer : First find the multiple of 4 in the denominator that is 3 which equals to 12 then multiple 2 by 4 which equals to 8, then divide 8 into4 because there is 4 students, your answer will be 2/12 = 1/6.

THANKS FOR READING MY POST (:

IF I HAVE
ANY MISTAKES PLEASE COMMENT (:


Part 2

a) Here is a picture of how to multiply a fraction by a fraction.
How I got the answer : I multiplied the 2 numerator
s and the 2 denominators. If you don't get it here is a picture below :













b) Here is a picture of how to multiply a fraction by a mixed number.
How I got the answer :
I multiplied the whole number by the denominator to get 5 then I added the numerator so it equals to 6 then I kept the fraction the same and multiply the them together to get 12/25.













c) Here's a picture of how to multiply a mixed number by a mixed number.
How I got the answer :
I multiplied the whole with the denominator which equals to 10 then I added the 3 to get 13. Same with the other side. Then I times those 2 to get 247/25. After I had to divide it because 247 is to large. I can't explain it... so here's the picture :












IF I MADE ANY M
ISTAKES PLEASE COMMENT !


Part 3

a) How to divide : You divide the first fraction which is 3/4 so you draw a fraction strip and divide it by 4 and color in 3, because of 3/4. Then you divide it by 1/2 going horizontal. then you color in 1 because of 1/2. If your confused here's a picture.













( sorry if the picture is blurry )



















SORRY IF THE FONT LOOKS WEIRD .


IF I MADE ANY MISTAKES , PLEASE COMMENT (:

No comments:

Statcounter

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

Search This Blog

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP